Some information on the subject of Covid 19 and Santorini.
We are pleased to announce that no cases of covid19 have been reported in Santorini to date. We could say that our island is a covid19 free zone. It is no coincidence that Santorini Island was chosen by Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis to address his message to the whole world and to announce the start of the 2020 tourist season from Santorini.
Infrastructure - Preparation:
Greece in general had a very good approach to the issue of dealing with covid19 at the national level. The prepared health system and the remarkable scientists who found themselves in the right place at the right time played a role in this.
Santorini has a complete hospital (not just a health center) with ready-made cases.
Contrary to its size, Santorini Airport is international under the management of Fraport (Frankfurt Airport) with the ability to accommodate international flights, compliance with safety protocols and ready-made scenarios for dealing with dangerous incidents.
Hotels and accommodation in general follow the safety protocols given to them by the Ministry of Health and Tourism.
Transfer companies and taxi also follow all the necessary steps for the safety of passengers.
Suspicious Covid-19 Case Action Plan in Hotels:
- IMMEDIATELY INFORM THE MANAGER AND CALL THE DOCTOR TO EVALUATE THE CASE.
- ASK THE CUSTOMER TO REMAIN RESTRICTED IN HIS/HER ROOM.
- IF IT IS A CONFIRMED COVID-19 CASE, CALL NPHO (NATIONAL PUBLIC HEALTH ORGANIZATION) IMMEDIATELY AT 210-5212054 OR 1135 TO ANNOUNCE IT AND WAIT FOR INSTRUCTIONS.
- AVOID THE ENTRY OF THE PERSONNEL IN THE ROOM AND DETERMINE ONE PERSON FOR ITS MANAGEMENT.
- USE IMMEDIATELY METHODS OF INDIVIDUAL PROTECTION (MASKS / GLOVES / SINGLE USE SUIT) IN THE NEED OF ENTRY TO THE ROOM.
- INFORM THE OTHER PERSONNEL IMMEDIATELY AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE DOCTOR.
- IN CASE OF TRANSPORTATION, USE A MASK AND TRANSFER THE CUSTOMER WHO TAKES MEASURES OF INDIVIDUAL PROTECTION AS WELL USING A PRIVATE CAR.
- WHENEVER THE PERSONNEL OR AN ESCORT COMES IN CONTACT WITH CUSTOMER’S SECRETIONS, WASH HANDS IMMEDIATELY. ESCORTS SHOULD FOLLOW THE SAME INSTRUCTIONS.
- IT IS PROHIBITED DURING THE MANAGEMENT OF A COVID-19 CASE FOR THE PRESONNEL TO TOUCH THE FACE OR TO EAT, DRINK OR SMOKE.
- WRITE DOWN THE CONTACT INFORMATION OF RELATIVES AND UPDATE THE INCIDENT BOOK.
- DISCARD THE INDIVIDUAL PROTECTION MEASURES IN A BIN AND APPLY NEW
- APPLY WITH HIGH PRIORITY DECONTAMINATION MEASURES AND MINIMIZE THE ENTRY TO THE HOTEL TO NON-CUSTOMERS.
- BEGIN THE CONTACT TRACING PROCESS WHEREVER IT IS APPLICABLE AND KEEP AN ARCHIVE WITH NAMES / TEL / MAILS FOR NPHO.